Before we start this exciting journey, I would like to highlight the following documentation and reference.
- OpenStack Documentation, where you can find installation guide, admin user guide, end user guide, and command line reference. That will cover almost all tasks performed on OpenStack and its service components. Reading the documentation carefully can always help us avoid some naive mistakes and save us much time.
- OpenStack Trove, where you can find comprehensive details about Trove.
- Download a pre-built guest image from here. This method is DevStack based.
- Build a guest image using OpenStack Trove tools (Disk Image Builder, redstack). I tried these two tools on DevStack and my OpenStack, respectively. Using these two tools, I got a working image on DevStack, but failed to get a working image on my OpenStack. Back to the time I tried, probably there was some bug related to their DevStack dependency. By the working image, I mean that a working image can be used to launch a Trove instance successfully with active status. I am not sure whether they work well now or not. After struggling with the tools for one month, I came up with a customized way.
- Build a guest image using customized way. The way I used can be found in this post. I got a working image by performing those steps. That post also provides some insights on how the image works.
- Status goes to "Error" shortly after the creation.
- Status is stuck at "Build" and goest to "ERROR" after reaching the timeout values.
- No host is assigned.